|Contract Hours:||Full Time|
Process Development Manager
KP Snacks Ashby (Home of Hula Hoops…)
This is a key role within the Ashby Site Development Team, working with the wider Development Team and the Engineering, Manufacturing and Commercial teams to contribute to the creation of new, dynamic and exciting snacking products across Brand and RTB by providing specialist support for process development at both site and business levels within KP Snacks. You will apply your knowledge and experience to develop and improve processes, giving benefits in quality, cost or efficiency. You will provide specialist technical knowledge for the site and the wider business.
Some of your Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the execution of the process development agenda within your site
- Work within the agreed trial and overhead budgets within your site and team
- Build relationships within all relevant areas of the business and Group to fully develop and execute the development strategy
- Support innovation across the site/business
- Work in partnership with expert groups to develop and optimise tools and techniques for innovation and development at a site, central and Group level
- Deliver the ongoing development plan that satisfies the consumer market and improves site efficiency
- Fully support the site and operational agenda on waste and plant optimisation
- Help to develop and implement processes that are best in class in terms of performance, cost and efficiency that meet customer requirements
- Drive continuous improvement of processes
- Adhere to business and retailer procedures and codes of practice
- Deputise for the Process and Packaging Development Manager when necessary
· Food science/ technology/chemical engineering degree, HND or equivalent work experience
- Good written and verbal communication skills to management including senior management, and to shop floor.
- Good project management and organisational skills
- Clear analysis and problem solving skills
- Creative and innovative in the generation of ideas and approaches.
- Numerate - able to deal with statistical analysis, recipe and process related calculations.
- Ability to work within a departmental budget.
- Strong team player and ability to support other team members.
- Demonstration of a level of expert knowledge in food processing and technology.
- High energy ‘can do’ attitude with an ability to adapt to and support business change.
- Excellent computer skills and ability to work with a number of business systems.
- At least 1 years’ experience of a similar or comparable development or technical role in the food industry
- Able to demonstrate the KP Values and Behaviours in all areas of the job
Why not create a career profile and sign up for job alerts?